AgriLife Extension Entomology
We are located throughout the State and can provide advice on control of urban, structural, landscape, garden, veterinary and agricultural pests, and pests that are threats to human health. Our information is backed by science and research at Texas A&M and other universities and is made practical and relevant by Extension Entomologists, educators or agents who work in each county, right where you live.
What Are Our Extension Entomologists Saying?
- Upcoming Extension Crop Production MeetingsTexas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will hold several meeting in the coming days to provide information on the latest developments in crop production and CEUs for pesticide applicator licenses. Most of these meetings will be online and will require registration prior to the meeting. Tuesday, January 26 – 8 am to 2 pm Upper Gulf Coast Feed Grain & Cotton [...] read moreSource: Mid-Coast IPMPublished on 2021-01-25By Stephen Biles2 days ago
- Join the Bug Club!No matter where you are in the state (or world), you can join the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Bug Club! We are meeting virtually, once a week, March through May.Fall was our first Bug Club series, and back by popular demand, we have developed a Spring series! Bug Club is an opportunity for youth interested in entomology and insects to learn [...] read moreSource: Molly KeckPublished on 2021-01-21By Molly Keck6 days ago
- Auxin Training – January 20, 2021If you plan to apply Engenia, Extendimax, Tavium, and/or Enlist One/Enlist Duo in 2021, you must attend an auxin training. The Calhoun County AgriLife Extension Service will hold a 1hour training Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 Time: 9:00 am Cost: $10 Location: Calhoun County Extension Office Auditorium 186 Henry Barber Way Port Lavaca, TX 77979 For questions call 361-552-9747 [...] read moreSource: Mid-Coast IPMPublished on 2021-01-14By Stephen Biles2 weeks ago
- UPPER GULF COAST VIRTUAL FEED GRAIN & COTTON CONFERENCEJanuary 26, 2021 8 am – 2 pm REGISTRATION IS FREE. All attendees are required to register through EventBrite. Registration will not be held the day of the event. The 2021 Upper Gulf Coast Feed Grain & Cotton Conference will offer growers and others the opportunity to hear presentations from the top Extension and Research scientists from Texas as well [...] read moreSource: Mid-Coast IPMPublished on 2021-01-13By Stephen Biles2 weeks ago
- Victoria CEU Virtual SeminarThursday, January 28, 2021 Program begins at 8:00AM Cost: $40 Registration Fee 5 CEUs (2-General, 2-Laws & Regs, 1-Integrated Pest Management) For Texas Department of Agriculture Private, Commercial, and Non-Commercial Licensed Pesticide Applicators Registration online only at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/victoria-ceu-virtual-seminar-tickets-128551784849 AUXIN TRAINING AFTERWARD Flyer for Victoria CEU Virtual Seminar For more information call: Victoria County Extension Office – [...] read moreSource: Mid-Coast IPMPublished on 2021-01-12By Stephen Biles2 weeks ago
- Hurley recognized as integrated pest management pioneer for schoolsSpecialist created and continues to grow IPM programming around Texas Janet Hurley continues to be surprised by her career choice. She envisioned a job in health care, but despite fighting on a different front line, public health is still her focus. Hurley, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service integrated pest management, IPM, program specialist, Dallas, was recently awarded the International Integrated Pest Management Award of [...] read moreSource: School IPMPublished on 2021-01-05By janet.hurley3 weeks ago
- Online Beekeeping 101 CourseIf 2021 has you thinking about keeping bees, but don't know where to start, Texas A&M AgriLife has developed an online series of Beekeeping 101 Classes to get you started!This series covers the basics of beekeeping, starting with understanding the honey bee biology, what to purchase for tools and equipment, where to purchase those items, and how and where to [...] read moreSource: Molly KeckPublished on 2021-01-04By Molly Keck3 weeks ago
- SPN: Before you leave the campus remember these tipsIt is that time of year. It’s time to clean out the classroom and get ready for the holiday break. Before you take some time to be with family and just relax, let’s take some time to think about sanitation. When you close up the classroom, make sure that you don’t leave behind a picnic for pests.The pests we [...] read moreSource: School IPMPublished on 2020-12-14By janet.hurley1 month ago
- Free Webinar THIS Wednesday – December 9thHow Can Insects Solve Our Food Waste Crisis?You really won't want to miss this opportunity to hear from COO of EVO Conversion Systems. He is an entomologist from Texas A&M University and his company has been turning food waste into high protein and sustainable food in the form of insects.We can all agree that we waste A LOT of food! [...] read moreSource: Molly KeckPublished on 2020-12-08By Molly Keck2 months ago
- The Fungus Among Us – Restoring Ecosystems and Controlling PestsSpecial article by Marcia Anderson, PhD, LTE; U.S. EPA Center for Integrated Pest Management It’s that time of year to take a walk through a forest or your neighborhood. Are seeing mushrooms, the reproductive structure of a fungus, growing on rotting tree trunks or decaying woodchips? One of the main benefits of fungi is that they help break down [...] read moreSource: School IPMPublished on 2020-11-21By janet.hurley2 months ago
- Texas A&M Greenhouse and Nursery Webinar Series – 2020Greenhouse and Nursery Webinar Series We are particularly excited about our Greenhouse and Nursery Webinar Series this year. This program has traditionally been a single-day in-person program with 5 speakers (Texas A&M Greenhouse and Nursery Symposium). However, due to concerns surrounding COVID-19 this year, we have opted for converting this program into a web series. This gives the attendees [...] read moreSource: Vafaie-OrnamentalsPublished on 2020-11-18By Erfan Vafaie2 months ago
- Texas A&M Greenhouse and Nursery Webinar Series – 2020Greenhouse and Nursery Webinar Series We are particularly excited about our Greenhouse and Nursery Webinar Series this year. This program has traditionally been a single-day in-person program with 5 speakers (Texas A&M Greenhouse and Nursery Symposium). However, due to concerns surrounding COVID-19 this year, we have opted for converting this program into a web series. This gives the attendees [...] read moreSource: Vafaie-AllPublished on 2020-11-18By Erfan Vafaie2 months ago